Eaton Air Conditioning Disconnects (ACD) are located between a load center (distribution panel) and an air conditioner. ACDs provide a visible disconnecting means when performing maintenance and are commonly referred to as disconnects, pullouts or air conditioning switches. There are 3 standard designs, Non-fused, Fused and a Molded Case Switch. Applications: Air Conditioners, Heat Pumps, Water Heaters and other locations where a local disconnect is required.
- Use to disconnect power from an air-conditioning unit
- Metallic case is approved for outdoor use
- ON/OFF control provided by a pullout handle
- Pullout handle can be conveniently stored in the compartment in the off position, helping to prevent the handle from being misplaced
- Protective shield cannot be removed until the pullout handle is removed, disconnecting the power
- Knockouts on back, bottom and sides offer a variety of configurations
- Optional ACDs with ground fault receptacles or weather resistant/tamper-resistant receptacles are available