The NIBCO 3 in. ABS DWV plug is used in residential and commercial drain, waste and vent systems. The ABS DWV plug features a male NPT thread connection to fit inside a fitting to seal the end of a pipe line or a location where future additions may be made to the piping system. Acrylonitrile-Butadiene-Styrene (ABS) is resistant to a wide variety of materials ranging from sewage to commercial household chemical formulations and can be exposed to a wide temperature span. ABS is lightweight, safe to handle and easy to install. ABS DWV is joined by solvent cementing or threading and can easily be connected to steel, copper, or cast iron through the use of transition fittings.
- ABS should never be used with a primer
- Use in conjunction with an ABS cleanout fitting (sold separately)
- Temporarily caps the system
- Suitable for use in non-pressurized sanitary drain, waste and vent applications
- MIPT connection
- Maximum working pressure of 5 psi