The NIBCO 3 in. PVC DWV 22-1/2 Hub x Spigot Street Elbow. DWV is used for non pressurized sanitary system Drain, Waste, and Vent. There are 2 types of DWV plastic: ABS (black plastic) and PVC (white plastic). The sanitary drainage and vent piping are installed to remove waste water and water-borne wastes from the plumbing fixtures and appliances. DWV also provides a circulation of air within the drainage piping. ABS (black) and PVC (white) plastic pipe and fittings have identical uses. The only reason for selecting 1 material over another is either the cost of the material or local plumbing code restrictions.
- Changes direction of PVC piping 22-1/2
- Solvent welded connections
- PVC requires a primer before cementing
- Smooth interior finish for reduced friction and material buildup
- Helps remove waste water and waterborne wastes from plumbing fixtures and appliances
- Do not test or use with compressed air or other gases
- Maximum service temperature 140 degrees Farenheit