The Robertshaw Carbide Series Hot Surface Ignitors deliver dependable ignition in heating systems. The applications include: furnaces, boilers, rooftop heaters, infrared burners, unit heaters, and water heaters. They can also be used in many other types of HVAC equipment.
- Made from high-purity recrystallized silicon carbide Crystar which combines physical and thermal strength with stable electrical properties
- Designed to reach ignition temperature(s) within 17 seconds
- Have 18-Gauge nickel chrome lead wires embedded and metalized in place for maximum holding strength and electrical conductivity
- Manufactured with lead wires enclosed in a special high-temperature fiberglass insulation providing electrical protection
- Operate at 120-Volt AC, some modules are rated for 208/240-Volt input, however, the voltage to the ignitor is stepped down to 120-Volt AC